Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest nonprofit, academic, multispecialty healthcare delivery system. Ochsner is driven by a mission to serve, heal, lead, educate and innovate. Coordinated clinical and hospital patient care, all connected electronically to provide convenience for our patients, is provided across the region by Ochsner’s 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers.
Close collaboration between clinicians and scientists helps to bring innovative medical discoveries from the laboratory to patients’ bedsides. The system is dedicated to its patients and is honored to have been the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories. Ochsner also is a national leader in medical research and conducts more than 600 clinical research studies. It is one of the largest non-university-based physician training centers in the U.S. The system is comprised of more than 18,000 employees and more than 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties.
The Vice President of Talent Acquisition provides system-wide leadership for attracting distinctively qualified team members, including setting the vision and strategy, and prioritizing talent acquisition programs and initiatives. The successful candidate will lead the Talent Acquisition team, recruit top talent, build on current capabilities, and foster team engagement. Additionally, s/he will implement the Talent Acquisition team structure to support region alignment, and continuously seek out the latest trends, technology, and capabilities keeping recruitment strategy relevant and best in class.
The Vice President of Talent Acquisition will build relationships with system leaders and hiring managers and work to understand and translate HR strategy into Talent Acquisition initiatives. S/he will partner with Senior HR Business Partners, HR Center of Excellence (COE) Leads, and business leadership to align talent acquisition products and services with the broader organizational goals. Customers will include Ochsner leadership, including hospital CEOs and corporate executives, HR business partners, employees, hiring managers, external applicants, partner hospitals and providers. This leader will oversee 63 team members including three direct reports.
- 10+ years of management experience leading an HR Center of Excellence, preferably Talent Acquisition. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Proven experience in development and implementation of talent acquisition initiatives and processes.
- Strong analytical skills, including proven experience in financial analysis.
- Ability to coach, guide, mentor and develop people.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and recruitment processes (preferably Workday).
- Experience with recruitment AI technology and assessment tools.
- Demonstrated oversight of the management of talent acquisition vendor relationships.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.