CHI Franciscan Health is a nonprofit health system based in Tacoma, Washington, with a team of nearly 12,000 doctors, nurses and staff that provide expert, compassionate medical care at eight acute care hospitals and approximately 200 primary and specialty care clinics in Pierce, King and Kitsap counties. The system spans more than 1,100 acute care beds, a credentialed medical staff of more than 1,500, including more than 600 employed physicians providing specialties in cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedics and sports medicine, neurosciences and women’s care. CHI Franciscan’s mission focuses on creating healthier communities, including caring for the poor and underserved. In 2015, the organization provided $141 million in community benefit, including $10 million in charity care.
This is a transformative time for CHI Franciscan Health, which is pioneering the way health care is delivered through its leading systems of care that covers more than 8,000 square miles and more than 2 million residents throughout the Pacific Northwest. CHI Franciscan Health recently formed a clinical partnership and strategic affiliation with Virginia Mason Health System and construction is underway for its half-billion-dollar Harrison Medical Center, Silverdale expansion, further demonstrating the health system’s commitment to expand patient access and improve the quality of care and safety across the Puget Sound region.
The Regional Medical Director of CHI Franciscan Health’s Women’s and Children’s Clinical Service Line and the Franciscan Medical Group will oversee clinical and operational leadership of a geographical market within the physician enterprise. Along with a dyad partner or executive director, s/he will be responsible for clinical leadership and administering clinical quality with the goal of delivering exceptional clinical and patient-centric care.
The successful candidate will have matrixed reporting relationships. As a clinician, he or she will report to the Division Chief of Women’s and Surgical Services, who in turn reports to the President of the Physician Enterprise. In the service line role, the individual will report to the System Service Line Executive.
- MD or DO degree, preferably 10 years in clinical practice.
- Experience in the care of patients, in general or subspecialty practice for a least ten (10) years and demonstrate continued learning in their specialty.
- Eligible for faculty appointment for medical school affiliations.
- Leadership or management training is required.
- Preferably five years of senior medical group management and leadership experience.
- Management certification qualifications (e.g. MMM, MHA, MBA, MPH) are desirable.
- Board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology or Pediatrics.
- Ability to obtain Washington Medical License.
- Supplemental degree desired (such as MBA).