This position has been filled.
For almost 50 years, Waterway has set the standard within the premium niche of the full-service car wash industry. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, Waterway has expanded its presence to 25 locations in five states with more locations planned. Waterway facilities can also be found in Chicago, Cleveland, Denver and Kansas City. In choosing locations, Waterway seeks out high-quality neighborhoods to build attractive and inviting facilities. In addition to car wash services, Waterway offers gasoline (at most locations) and convenience stores stocked with appealing merchandise for their upscale clientele.
Waterway employs a total of 2,200 people. Over the years, the organization has developed the most talented, capable and experienced team in the business. The leadership team’s average tenure is more than 25 years. Ownership is closely held, which allows the company to focus on long-term goals. This approach has allowed Waterway to make necessary investments to stay competitive, prepare for the future and continue to offer stellar customer service. As the business continues to thrive, the leadership team has recognized a unique opportunity in their retail store business to focus on, invest in, and create a unique and meaningful experience for their customers.
Waterway seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial Vice President of Retail to serve as a key member of the executive team. This is a unique opportunity for a driven and creative retail professional to grow the business and to recognize significant unmet retail sales potential. This newly created position will be responsible for establishing an exciting vision, executing against the strategy, elevating retail store sales and enhancing the overall Waterway customer experience. This leader will have a breadth of responsibility across strategy, marketing, operations, merchandising, and vendor partnerships for retail stores in all markets. Success will be based on key metrics including overall company and business segment revenue and profitability targets. It is expected that the selected candidate will have a passion for delivering results, a solid business foundation and a collaborative hands-on approach consistent with Waterway’s purpose, values, ethics and priorities.
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced business degree is preferred.
- Five years or more leadership experience in a retail-driven organization. Experience should include a combination of strategy, merchandising, marketing, operations, purchasing, and sales.
- Highly analytical with a track record of and passion for delivering results as measured by increased revenue and profit.
- Forward-thinking and results-driven mentality with the ability to establish a vision and discern the best solutions for achieving company strategic objectives and goals. Committed to collaboration and communication throughout the organization and to share the vision to all employees.
- Proven entrepreneurial leader committed to exceptional execution of the vision.
- Collaborative, hands-on approach consistent with Waterway’s purpose, values, ethics and priorities.
- Enthusiasm for taking on unique and exciting challenges to grow retail store sales.
- Proven experience and ability to design and manage increasingly sophisticated structures, processes and systems in a growing organization while maintaining the existing positive culture.
- Analytical, fact-based, decisive, and action-oriented; extensive background as a problem solver that eliminates barriers and overcomes hurdles.
- Strong work ethic with proven leadership and supervisory skills, with clear direction setting, excellent mentoring abilities, and a history of building relationships at all levels in the organization to create an empowered and accountable team.
- Presents professionally, displaying an ongoing focus on building and maintaining a customer-centric organization.