DaVita Medical Group (DMG) is one of the nation’s leading independent medical groups. Founded in California in 1992 with a focus on becoming a role model for integrated and coordinated care, DaVita Medical Group’s healthcare community has grown to include high-quality medical groups in Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico and Washington. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita Medical Group is seeking a Vice President of Managed Care Analytics to provide leadership and oversight for key analytics functions related to the management of DMG managed care relationships and the strategic development of new and innovative products. The successful candidate for the newly-created role will be responsible for the buildout of contracting and risk arrangements for the Pacific Northwest, California and Mountain regions of DMG, which includes product strategy, contract development and relationship management.
This executive leader will be responsible for the following functions across all of DMG’s geographies:
- Analytics and reporting on business-line and product-level profitability for DMG’s capitation, full-risk and Accountable Care Organization (ACO) arrangements with payers;
- Leading deep-dives to understand key areas of opportunity to improve DMG’s managed care relationships;
- Providing analytical support for the exploration and pricing of new products DMG may explore, including provider-specific health plan products and direct-to-employer relationships.
This role will understand the needs and goals of each of DMG’s individual regions while being a critical part of developing comprehensive strategies for DaVita Medical Group. S/he will be expected to create consistency across markets, develop a team, and over time, the successful candidate will develop a framework for new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, actuarial science or another quantitative field.
- Master’s Degree required.
- ASA or FSA designation preferred.
- Managed care experience across Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid lines of business preferred.
- Actuarial experience preferred.
- Significant experience leading and developing a high functioning analytics team.
- Experience leading cross-functional, complex and large-scale initiatives.
- Must possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- History of effectively working in a matrixed organization.