Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is seeking a Vice President of Contact Center Operations to manage and optimize operations of the contact center function. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health was born from the 2013 combination of Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare. Today, Baylor Scott & White includes 48 hospitals, more than 800 patient care sites, more than 7,800 active physicians, over 47,000 employees and the Scott & White Health Plan.
The Vice President of Contact Center Operations will be responsible for building a world-class contact center team, ensuring an efficient and consistent set of processes and procedures, and driving initiatives that create a “customer for life” experience. The contact center will serve the “contact and service” needs of BSWH patients across their life cycle, including finding a doctor, appointment scheduling and registration, referral processing, prescription refill and questions, medical inquiries through nurse triage, billing/insurance questions and financial counseling. The contact center will operate as a single enterprise function with a footprint in both the North Texas and Central Texas divisions given the current hospital and clinic operations in these areas. The ideal candidate will be able to navigate within BSWH to integrate with other contact center functions, such as Patient Transfer, Quality Alliance and Health Plan to establish a single governance and operating structure. There will be a heavy emphasis on change management throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will have proven success in this critical element.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight or more years of related experience are required.
- Proven experience in the change management process, with ability to lead large-scale transformation initiatives across multiple functional areas.
- Proven experience in managing a customer service environment within healthcare.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies, as well as drive strategy behind the contact center.
- Ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge of customer service systems and processes.
- Experience working with physicians and other providers in a healthcare environment.
- Excellent communication, leadership, management, team-building, and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Consulting experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and assertively, both written and orally.
- Ability to drive stakeholder alignment on a common vision and execution plan.
- Results oriented with a focus on achieving overall business objectives.
- Knowledge of Epic, Excel, Word, Outlook, CRM and Data Warehouse reporting.