Centene Corporation serves more than 14.7 million members through programs and services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Fortune Magazine has ranked Centene Corporation No. 51 in its 2019 FORTUNE 500 list of largest corporations in the United States, ranked by revenue, up from the 61st spot in 2018. In addition, Centene Corporation was ranked #49 on Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies List in 2018. As of March 2019, Centene Corporation announced the acquisition of WellCare Health Plans which will increase the enterprise to include 22 million members across all 50 states. As of March, 2019, Centene Corporation announced the acquisition of WellCare Health Plans, which will increase the enterprise to include 22 million members across all 50 states.
The Vice President of Provider Data Management will oversee all activities related to provider data, credentialing, provider services, and contract management operations, ensuring alignment and compliance with company objectives, various regulations and contracts. This role will drive adoption of best practices, standardization, and realign processes to accommodate the organization’s recent double-digit growth and future growth expectations. This position will be domiciled at the corporate office in St. Louis.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field;
- 10 or more years of experience in business operations, claims, provider services, provider contract management, or credentialing, preferably in a managed care environment or similar large healthcare entity.
- Leadership depth in operational redesign, with strong skills in change-management and operational improvement. Ability to implement change in a consultative approach and maneuver in a complex corporate environment. LEAN/Six Sigma experience would be ideal.
- Thorough understanding of provider contracting approaches, credentialing processes, medical information systems, medical claims payment processes, care management, and coding.
- Strong operational, analytical, and leadership skills. Solid understanding of appropriate metrics, measures, and outcomes, displaying a keen ability to work in a data driven environment.