This position has been filled.
SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through one of the largest integrated delivery systems in the nation. SSM Health St. Louis operates seven hospitals, five urgent care locations, and more than 40 medical offices in the area. One of the largest employers in St. Louis, it is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal.
The VP of Philanthropy role reflects the regional strategy of SSM Health. This position provides an accomplished, senior philanthropic executive with the opportunity to lead a unified group of four Foundations supporting the St. Louis region. With the recent addition of SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital (SSM-SLUH), this role provides the opportunity to create the development plan from inception. SSM Health has committed $500 million to build a new replacement hospital and outpatient care center for SSM-SLUH within the next five years. This executive will be accountable for creating an annual unified market strategic plan for the Foundation, promoting a “culture of philanthropy” throughout the organization and community, and ensuring the Foundations are maximizing operational efficiencies to achieve goals. This role will report to the Regional President of SSM Health St. Louis Hospitals.
- Master’s degree required and professional fundraising accreditation preferred (Fellow for the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy “FAHP” or Certified Fundraising Executive “CFRE”).
- Proven success as a philanthropic executive with ten plus years of experience; Strong track record with raising major gifts.
- Ability to effectively articulate the organizational mission, community benefit, and importance of philanthropic investment to potential donors.
- Strong skills in building and maintaining relationships with cross-functional partners, leaders, the community and board members.
- Experience working in a complex organization or corporate environment, preferably a large hospital or health system.
- Polished executive presence, stellar interpersonal and written communication skills.