This position has been filled.
Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system. Driven by a mission to serve, heal, lead, educate and innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by nine hospitals, both owned and managed and more than 40 health centers in Louisiana. Ochsner has been named the Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 17 consecutive years and includes the only Louisiana hospital recognized by US News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across 11 specialty categories. Ochsner employs more than 14,000 employees, including over 900 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 300 clinical research trials annually. Ochsner Health System Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout the Baton Rouge region. With a 151-bed hospital, 13 health centers located throughout the Baton Rouge area including Ascension, Livingston, and Iberville parishes, and a team of more than 160 employed physicians and advanced practice clinicians, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care.
The Vice President assumes responsibility for the strategic vision, long-term planning, direction and overall accountability for system-wide functions; communicates and interprets organizational and departmental goals and objectives to all areas of responsibility; and provides leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation activities of all areas of responsibility. The Vice President demonstrates actions consistent with Ochsner’s expectations, as duties are performed on a daily basis.
- Ten years of experience in successfully managing complex hospital and patient care delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills including the ability to relate to executive management, professionals and business and community leaders.
- Excellent leadership and self-direction.
- Excellent judgment in handling difficult situations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration or related field.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration or related field preferred.