This position has been filled.
Norton Healthcare is a leader in serving adult and pediatric patients throughout Greater Louisville, Southern Indiana, the commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond. The hospital and health care system is the Louisville area’s third largest private employer, providing care at more than 250 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with 1,837 licensed beds; seven outpatient centers; 13 Norton Immediate Care Centers; more than 14,000 employees; more than 850 employed medical providers; and approximately 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Hospitals provide inpatient and outpatient general care as well as specialty care including heart, neuroscience, cancer, orthopedic, women’s and pediatric services. A strong research program provides access to clinical trials in a multitude of areas. In 2016 Norton Healthcare was named by Healthiest Employers as the seventh healthiest place to work in the country.
The Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer of Norton Hospital (605 licensed beds) serves as the chief nurse executive ensuring the coordination and direction of nursing/patient care in accordance with the Norton Healthcare Strategic Plan and in alignment with the traditions of service excellence for Norton Healthcare. This role includes participation in the development of strategies and tactics relative to the professional practice of nursing within Norton Hospital and the Norton Healthcare system, as well as working with other facility and system administrators to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations related to the delivery of nursing/patient care services. The Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer has dual accountability with Norton Hospital’s Chief Administrative Officer for achieving quality of care outcomes, improvement and attainment of patient satisfaction/experience survey results, creating and maintaining an engaging environment for staff, and ensuring patient service margins are attained. Additionally, the Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer creates and sustains a collaborative and collegial environment with respective facility and system medical staff. The Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer will function in a highly matrixed environment and as a result, will demonstrate highly developed communication skills and a well-developed ability to persuade others.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, with additional Master’s degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or Healthcare Informatics.
- Minimum of five years of progressive leadership in nursing. Background developing a highly effective, service oriented and cost-effective nursing infrastructure and a progressive patient care model utilizing best practices.
- Demonstrated experience aligning nursing strategies with business strategies. Demonstrated track record of working effectively in complex, matrixed, multi-site organization, managing senior staff and participating collaboratively as a strategic member of the senior leadership team.
- Innovative and results-oriented approach, with demonstrated ability to balance system strategy with day-to-day operations while maintaining nursing/patient care advocacy and support for organizational strategy and goals.
- Experience working with and leveraging data analytics and electronic health record systems.