We have been retained to recruit an energetic, engaged and dynamic leader to serve as the Vice President of Operations for a rapidly-growing food service company operating in multiple states in the Midwest. Regarded as a recognized leader in its industry, the organization is well-known for its commitment to quality, innovation, and customer service. Senior management is team-driven, results oriented, and dedicated to continuous improvement at all levels of the organization. The company’s headquarters is based in St. Louis and the need to relocate may be negotiable.
Reporting to the President, the selected candidate for this new position will drive ongoing success and continued expansion of the business and will serve as an integral member of the senior management team. The Vice President of Operations will provide leadership to an extensive field organization where a deep personal commitment to excellence, strong interpersonal skills, and an inspiring and positive attitude differentiates those who perform most successfully. The Vice President of Operations will be measured against specific criteria fundamental to the success of the business: quality/consistency, sales performance, EBITDA, market share, client retention, client survey results and responsiveness, and cost/waste management. This position plays an essential leadership role in setting the tone and building a positive culture throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, ideally in Food Science or Hospitality Management. Master’s Degree is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in food service with multi-site operations; minimum of 5 years senior management experience.
- Demonstrated success as a strong motivator, team builder and leader and who brings an inspiring style and a high sense of optimism to the workplace with a focus on accountability, empowerment, and creativity.
- High emotional intelligence with ability to build and influence relationships.
- Experience working in a rapidly-growing organization.
- Proven business acumen and analytical skills.
- Consistent track record of success in problem-solving and managing/resolving conflict.
- Willingness to travel as much as 75% of the time (overnight and day trips).