Metal Exchange Corporation (MEC) is a global trader and manufacturer of non-ferrous metals. MEC is privately held and and has six US manufacturing facilities, sales offices throughout the US, and international sales offices in Zurich and Shanghai. The business employs more than 700 people, and includes marketing, trading, manufacturing, processing, distribution, and transportation services. The company purchases, processes, and supplies non-ferrous metals worldwide, and is a manufacturer of semi-fabricated aluminum products, including alloyed products and extruded shapes. In addition, the company offers commodity risk management services for aluminum and copper. In addition to the marketing and trading operations based in St. Louis, MEC’s manufacturing operations, all non-union, include four primary business units throughout the country. Customers are found in the automotive, construction, recreation, truck/trailer, electrical, distribution, and energy sectors.
The Vice President, Human Resources will play a transformational role at MEC that involves organizational planning and development, employee relations, compensation and benefits, safety and health, and recruiting. The role will focus on corporate and divisional operations, with responsibility for originating and leading the enhancement of human resources practices and objectives across the enterprise. Objectives will be directed toward developing and growing an employee-oriented, high performance culture leading to a superior workforce, and toward MEC being viewed as a “preferred employer” through implementing pro-employee initiatives. Reporting to the President and Chief Operating Officer, the selected candidate will serve as a partner on the Executive Leadership Team, advising executive management on human resource issues, and collaborating with human resource managers and representatives at MEC’s affiliated companies to develop policies that provide a balanced program throughout the enterprise. This leader will oversee a team of reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years in Human Resources, including 5 – 7 years of leadership experience as a human resource generalist with demonstrated management experience in a multi-division, union-free company, combining professional office and multi-site manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated results in various human resource roles, including strong organic growth and acquisition growth environments, and the ability to partner with business leaders to lead and drive cultural change.
- Substantial exposure to doing business in overseas, international markets.
- Committed to attaining “preferred employer” status through demonstrated pro-employee successes.
- Strong demonstration of the MEC core values: Safety, Integrity, Respect and Drive.
- A demonstrated understanding of the “Dual Bottom Line” philosophy of balancing financial performance with the well-being, development, and growth of people.
- Oriented to quality management, with “best practices” approach in driving improvement, promoting quality, and demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Polished communication and analytical skills, with a track record as a leader, motivator, and coach at the executive level.