This position has been filled.
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is one of the most highly regarded and successful pharmacy colleges in the US. Founded in 1864, it is the oldest pharmacy college west of the Mississippi, and its 5,000 living alumni represent 49 states and eight foreign countries. The five-acre campus is situated in the heart of the St. Louis healthcare community, adjacent to the Washington U. School of Medicine and the BJC Hospital complex. A major capital improvement program was recently completed which resulted in new buildings and infrastructure, and which will meet the needs of the nearly 1,100 person student body for many years to come. In an increasingly competitive market, the College recognizes that a concerted marketing effort is needed to generate awareness and to better position itself for the long-term. The College is excited about this Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations position.
The Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations will lead all development programs at the College and establishing and meeting the fund raising goals agreed upon and approved by the President and the Board of Trustees. Additionally, s/he will have oversight and leadership of Alumni Relations and all supporting programs and events, and serve as a key member of President’s staff, providing insight and direction on development and alumni relations’ role in achieving institutional goals.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of ten years’ experience in a development leadership capacity, either in an education or not-for-profit environment.
- Qualified candidates will have a record of achievement in institutional advancement including several of the following areas: annual funds, capital campaigns, major gifts, endowments, planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, stewardship and special events.
- Experience with fund raising database software, ideally Raiser’s Edge, is essential.