Inova Health System is seeking candidates to serve as Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer of Inova Alexandria Hospital. The Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer will provide executive nursing management, direction, and leadership for Inova Alexandria Hospital. This position is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a caring service-oriented professional culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience. This role will serve as a member of the executive leadership team of the hospital.
Inova serves more than 2 million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC metro area and beyond. The system is shaping the future of health through its integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova’s commitment to health and wellness is further reflected in its sustainable practices. Inova is home to world-class researchers, expert medical specialists and renowned scientists, who are driving innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness. Inova Medical Group’s expert primary care and adult specialty physicians are all part of Inova’s network of personalized care that revolves around the patients and their families. Physicians work with Inova’s extensive network of hospitals and outpatient facilities to provide a seamless transition from primary care to specialty care to the hospital.
- BSN required; Master’s degree in Nursing or related health care field required; PhD or DNP in Nursing strongly preferred.
- At least 7 years of progressively increasing experience in senior nursing leadership roles; depth managing diverse patient care functions across a large academic hospital or within a complex health system.
- Experience in leading organization to successful Magnet accreditation or reaccreditation strongly preferred.
- Proven background of success in a shared governance model structure; ability to communicate nursing’s shared vision for success.
- Current Virginia licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, or ability to obtain Virginia licensure; National Nurse Executive Certification (ANCC NEA-BC) preferred.
- Ability to successfully navigate a highly complex and matrixed organizational structure.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including staff development, mentoring, and coaching. Excellent communication (verbal and written) presentation and platform skills.