This position has been filled.
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is committed to providing high value care. CHS participates in multiple value-based arrangements and anticipates that more of its care will be under such arrangements in the future. CHS Physician Partners is a MSSP Track 1 ACO that is in its second three-year contract. CHS plans to extend the current contract, which runs through 2018. Beacon Health Partners (BHP) has approximately 39,000 attributed lives and 1,100 participating physicians. This includes approximately 400 CHS employed physicians and 700 community physician members of CHS’ well-developed IPA. Although BHP has not yet earned any shared savings, CHS has invested substantial resources during the past year to strengthen BHP’s ability to earn shared savings during its next contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). CHS is also a participant in New York State Medicaid’s Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program and several commercial shared savings arrangements.
The Vice President and Chief Medical Officer for Catholic Health System Physician Partners (CHSPP) has primary responsibility for clinical oversight and medical management for CHSPP, CHS’s Independent Physician Association (IPA) and Medicare Shared Savings Plan Track 1 (MSSP) Accountable Care Organization. The Vice President and Chief Medical Officer assures that the care delivered by participating physicians and providers meet the standard for quality, timeliness, and appropriateness. He or she works in conjunction with the ACO Physicians, staff of participating hospitals, and senior management to coordinate health services for the IPA and MSSP. Additionally, the Vice President and Chief Medical Officer provides leadership to assure physician engagement in the IPA. The Chief Medical Officer assists the IPA’s Provider Relations and Performance Improvement Staff with network development, education and performance improvement.
- Ability to obtain an unrestricted medical license in NY is required.
- Active unrestricted Board Certification is required.
- Three to five years of experience in group or IPA/ACO medical management.
- Demonstrated ability to engage physicians and lead change.
- Three to five years or more of experience in the health care delivery system, e.g. clinical and health care industry required, with three to five years of additional leadership and management experience in the health care industry is a plus.