Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is committed to providing high value care. CHS participates in multiple value-based arrangements and anticipates that more of its care will be under such arrangements in the future. CHS Physician Partners is a MSSP Track 1 ACO that is in its second three-year contract. CHS plans to extend the current contract, which runs through 2018. Beacon Health Partners (BHP) has approximately 39,000 attributed lives and 1,100 participating physicians. This includes approximately 400 CHS employed physicians and 700 community physician members of CHS’ well-developed IPA. Although BHP has not yet earned any shared savings, CHS has invested substantial resources during the past year to strengthen BHP’s ability to earn shared savings during its next contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). CHS is also a participant in New York State Medicaid’s Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program and several commercial shared savings arrangements.
The Vice President of Care Coordination for CHS Physician Partners (CHSPP) provides leadership, direction, and strategic development for Care Management services to support the system and all population health initiatives. The Vice President of Care Coordination also provides operational oversight and guidance for care management resources and works in close collaboration with all relevant administrative and care delivery entities. The Vice President of Care Coordination should also understand the overall healthcare market and will apply innovative models of care (e.g. PCMH, ACO) to enhance quality and reduce overall cost of care as it relates to care management.
- RN licensure and bachelor’s degree in health-related field required.
- Master’s degree in health or business field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of healthcare management and/or executive experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a health care delivery system.
- Minimum of ten years clinical or care management experience required.
- Multiple site management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage physicians and lead change.