This position has been filled.
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is seeking a Microvascular Plastic Surgeon. The mission of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Department of Surgery is the advancement of science through research and the training of undergraduate and graduate students in the discipline. The Department fosters a level of research and professional activity essential to the graduate and to the professional growth of the faculty. The Division provides junior faculty with clinical and research experiences that prepare them for their professional careers. The Division is committed to enhancing diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Faculty have a responsibility to provide service to their profession and to the university community.
This position is a collateral, non-tenure track faculty position in the area of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. The faculty member should have clinical interests in microsurgery, complex wound management, burn care and general plastic surgery. S/he also will support the division in teaching responsibilities at the VCU Medical Center and the McGuire VAMC. Other key responsibilities include:
- The faculty member will have teaching responsibilities in all areas of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with direct oversight to the resident clinics both at the VCU Medical Center and the McGuire VAMC.
- The successful candidate will establish clinical research projects with medical students and residents to establish evidence-based practice outcomes in the areas of complex wounds and surgical education.
- The Microvascular Plastic Surgeon will serve on departmental and hospital committees as assigned and participate in regional and national professional organizations.
- Clinical responsibility will be in the care of the Plastic and Reconstructive patients on the MCV campus of VCU, as well as community facilities.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery; trained in microvascular flap surgery.
- Commitment to resident education and teaching, clinical research and innovation.
- Strong interest in complex wound management.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.