The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) is seeking an Executive Associate Dean (EAD) for the School of Nursing. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Nursing combines the rich history of Nursing programs at both the University of Texas-Pan American and the University of Texas at Brownsville/Texas Southmost College. These two legacy institutions have produced successful, professional nurses for almost five decades.
The School of Nursing supports the mission of the Division of Health Affairs through programs that educate individuals to meet the healthcare needs of a culturally diverse society. These programs facilitate the development of competent practitioners with critical thinking skills to provide holistic nursing care to individuals, families, groups, and communities. A commitment to fostering research and service that enhance health promotion, maintenance, and restoration is integral to the mission of the School of Nursing.
This Executive Associate Dean for the School of Nursing will be responsible for the overall administration of all academic programs in the School of Nursing. S/he also will also provide operational leadership and strategic guidance to associate deans, program directors and faculty, and will oversee delivery of student education, advising and learning services. The EAD will work closely with leadership in the Division of Health Affairs. UTRGV is looking for a visionary nursing leader with extensive administrative experience at a school offering undergraduate and graduate degrees.
The ideal candidate will be a nurse educator with the following competencies, knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes.
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited University and a Doctoral degree in Nursing or related discipline.
- Established record of scholarship, teaching, and service that qualifies the candidate for a faculty appointment in the School of Nursing.
- Holds a current license or is eligible for a license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
- Five years’ experience in academic nursing and higher education administration.
- Has demonstrated competence in nursing practice, higher education and administration.