This position has been filled.
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a technology company and an Accountable Care Organization. With more than 10,000 providers, 1,500 employed physicians and 40,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
The System Vice President of Facilities and Real Estate provides the necessary strategy, leadership, direction, coordination, and management control of operational and budgetary activities related to real estate/facilities for the entire SSM Health system. This senior executive will lead, direct and support all System initiatives related to the Departments of Facilities, Planning, Design and Construction, Plant Operations, Facility Management, Environmental Safety, and Security and Emergency Preparedness. The System Vice President also provides executive oversight to real estate and property management activities for all SSM Health markets in a manner that is consistent with the strategic business needs and mission of SSM Health.
The System Vice President will provide leadership toward the cultivation of creative facility and property solutions to fulfill SSM Health’s business strategies and provide safe, secure, and market competitive environments throughout all SSM Health facilities and points of service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture required. Master’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in management of healthcare related facilities, including planning, design, and construction as well as real estate activities. Experience working within a large academic medical center preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with a variety of internal and external constituents. Ability and desire to integrate CQI principles and techniques into work processes. Ability to communicate knowledge and concepts clearly, both in writing and in oral presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a history of establishing him or herself as a competent leader with employees and all members of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles and techniques of planning, healthcare architecture, healthcare engineering, real estate development, project management, system thinking, systems development, and continuous quality improvement.