Inova Health System is seeking a System Medical Director for Adult Critical Care. This leader will foster the integration of critical care services into a unified care model spanning all 5 Inova hospitals and 194 total critical care beds. The goal is to standardize care across the system and to achieve nationally-leading standards in patient-centered care, quality, and outcomes.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 and 2020 by U.S. News & World Report, which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Each of Inova’s five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), distinguishing Inova as the highest-rated large health system in the U.S., and the only system to have all hospitals receive five stars. All five Inova hospitals were awarded ‘A’ grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare. Inova Fairfax Medical Campus was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list, ranking in the top 10 nationwide among Major Teaching Hospitals. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000+ team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
- M.D. or equivalent degree.
- Sub-specialty training and board certification in critical care required. Internal Medicine trained and ABIM board certification preferred.
- Licensed or qualified for medical licensure to practice in the State of Virginia.
- Extensive clinical and administrative experience, including direct involvement in managing a clinical program and demonstrated medical staff leadership, including:
- Management style that emphasizes communication, collegiality, collaboration, flexibility and the ability to build high-performing multidisciplinary teams consistent with Inova values.
- Commitment to continuously improving clinical effectiveness, including quality, safety and patient experience and elimination of unwarranted variability.
- Business acumen, management skills, and fiscal knowledge.
- Ability to build relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Experience as a community physician, or extensive dealings with community physicians, and an understanding of private practice.
- Ability to mentor, develop, inspire and lead medical and support staff, establishing a culture of accountability and teamwork among a diverse, highly qualified medical and support staff.
- Ability to plan and delegate assignments, review work, and monitor progress toward goals.