This position has been filled.
Sun River Health (SRH) is a network of 43 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) throughout the Hudson River Valley, New York City and Long island. SRH provides primary, dental, pediatric, OB-GYN, and behavioral health care to over 245,000 patients annually through its dedicated staff of 2,000 doctors, nurses, advanced practice providers (APPs) and other health care professionals to include social workers and other behavioral health practitioners. SRH prides itself on delivering high-quality, affordable care to those who need it most.
Initially under the name Hudson River Healthcare, Sun River Health started in 1975 by four African American mothers who opened the first health center in Peekskill, N.Y. in order to deliver accessible, high-quality, affordable services to patients in need – no matter their race, religion, income, or insurance status. Today, with the merger of Brightpoint Health and a new name to reflect the history and mission on both organizations, Sun River Health is still delivering on that promise to communities across throughout New York. Sun River Health is one of the largest FQHCs in the country and has a tradition of innovation and advocacy.
As a member of the senior management team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO will oversee an experienced staff of regional and site physician leaders. The CMO is responsible for providing clinical leadership, fostering superior quality patient care, developing new care models, standardizing clinical protocols, developing new clinical strategic goals and program expansion and contributing to the recruitment and retention of the medical staff. The CMO also will work cooperatively with senior leaders utilizing a balanced and collaborative approach across all center health services. In concert with senior executives, the CMO will provide leadership and oversight around key strategic initiatives; deliver effective and efficient patient care in compliance with established clinical protocols; and act as a role model for all clinicians within Sun River Health. The CMO will also partner with SRH’s hospital affiliates to ensure continuity of care and will be a key contributor in the implementation of value-based care models with payors. A visible leader in the community advocating for decreasing health disparities and improving racial equity, the new CMO will represent SRH publicly in the local, state, and national arena.
- MD, DO, or MBBS from an accredited medical school and Board Certification or Board Eligibility in appropriate discipline required.
- Advanced degree such as MBA, MPH, MPA or other related field highly desirable.
- Must have current license or ability to obtain licensure in the State of New York.
- Experience working with populations who are socio-economically challenged, low-income, and/or multi-ethnic required.
- Experience with community healthcare operations and familiarity with Federally Qualified Health Care organizations strongly preferred.
- Commitment to addressing health disparities and creating an environment that strives to improve care, access, and service to those affected by social determinants of health and racial inequities.
- Results-driven, action-oriented, innovative team builder and collaborator who is a transparent and effective communicator.
Sun River offers competitive salaries, a robust 403(b) program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible spending, parental and adoption leave, EAP services and more.
Sun River Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.