This position has been filled.
The Knapheide Manufacturing Company, a privately held manufacturer of truck bodies headquartered in the Midwest. Annual sales now exceed $500 million, and the company is profitable, growing, and a recognized leader in its industry. There is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility at the headquarters site in Quincy, IL, with installation centers located throughout the U.S. Senior management is team-driven, with a commitment to continuous improvement and sustaining strong customer relations.
Strategic Accounts Manager is a newly created position resulting from increased volume in Knapheide’s major fleet accounts program. The selected candidate will be responsible for approximately 60 accounts, including a few existing accounts, but with emphasis on identifying and establishing new accounts in the designated region. This is one of two newly established regions focused on strategic and national fleet account growth and direct sales to large national fleet customers. Knapheide is seeking candidates committed to achieving and maintaining customer loyalty and satisfaction and motivated by the rewards of capturing revenue growth and enhanced profitability. Strategic Accounts Manager finalists will have a track record of success in relationship-based “solutions selling,” and will build on Knapheide’s volume growth with assigned targeted end customers in many categories, such as oil and gas, telecommunications, and other services. The Strategic Accounts Manager role involves representing the entire range of company products to customers, leading the customer account planning cycle, and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience is required. Candidates should have at least ten years’ experience in field sales involving equipment such as capital products sold to buyers at all levels in fleet operations.
- Demonstrated background in building customer relationships and presenting organized sales plans at the fleet customer or similar level.
- Self-confidence and the ability to influence others, with professional “presence” and exceptional communications skills.
- Orientation as a “self-starter” with unquestioned integrity and receptive to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- A willingness to take initiative, a highly flexible approach to the workplace, and a strong work ethic are characteristics of those having significant success in this company.
- Working knowledge of contact management systems, word processing software, the internet, and experience in using CRM systems.
- Candidates should be receptive to travel expectations that approximate 60% or more within the sales territory.