This position has been filled.
A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health includes more than 30,000 employees and 6,000 associated and employed physicians. With 12 hospitals, 90 clinic sites, 15 retail pharmacies, 52 rehabilitation locations, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end of life. Allina Health maintains an annual net operating revenue of $4.322B. Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin
Allina Health’s flagship facility, Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest private hospital in the Twin Cities, recognized nationally and locally for its exceptional expertise and care. Each year, the hospital serves more than 200,000 patients and their families from across the Twin Cities and Upper Midwest. Abbott Northwestern is known around the region and across the United States for its centers of excellence: cancer care through the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute®; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute®; the Spine Institute; Neuroscience Institute; Orthopaedic Institute; perinatology, obstetrics and gynecology through WomenCare®; and physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute.
In September 2020, Allina Health was one of 30 Minnesota companies to sign a Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, recognizing that as health service providers and healthcare stakeholders are pertinent in addressing racial inequities. Allina Health’s mission: We serve our communities by providing exceptional care, as we prevent illness, restore health, and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care.
The Senior Vice President of Strategic Growth assists with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining Allina Health’s strategic and growth initiatives. S/he will focus on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning, partnership cultivation, transaction management, and innovation efforts in service of Allina Health’s strategic objectives. This role will lead the development of the strategic plan and growth framework for the organization. The plan will clearly articulate the north star, detail the system guiding principles, demonstrate integration and alignment of all parts of the system, create a clear vision for the future, demonstrate measurable ROI, and serve as a living document for staff, providers, leaders and Board members. The Senior Vice President of Strategic Growth is responsible for strategic planning and for assessing whether strategic initiatives and innovation efforts, at all levels of the organization, are in line with the company’s standards and objectives.
- Master’s Degree in health care administration, business administration or associated field required. In lieu of a completed Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, health care/public administration, and/or related field required with 10 years of direct related experience may be considered.
- Experienced professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously held several business and operational roles in fast paced and complex environments. Work experience should include success in a period of growth and/or transition.
- Ability to apply a variety of partnership frameworks and deal methodology to analyze opportunities and to develop solutions.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience; strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to influence on a broad stage; demonstrating courage, an approachable style and inspiring confidence.
- Ability to bridge cultural boundaries and norms to overcome barriers and improve outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, suppliers and customers.