Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 121 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities – that provide nearly 2 million visits annually. The organization was formed in May 2013, when Trinity Health and Catholic Health East officially came together to strengthen their shared mission, increase excellence in care and advance transformative efforts with our unified voice. With annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $23.4 billion, the new organization returns almost $1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians.
The Senior Vice President of Physician Networks provides executive leadership and direction to the Trinity Health employed physician networks with emphasis on clinical integration and, as a core participant in alternative payment initiatives, supporting the triple aim for people centered care. The Senior Vice President provides leadership to standardize and consolidate business and clinical processes and implement initiatives for growth of physician networks and integration of primary care physicians and specialists within a unified health network structure. S/he collaborates with senior leadership and ACO leadership to identify and analyze opportunities to achieve improved performance through the development of “Accountable Health System” for physician/hospital alignment. Additionally, this senior leader ensures the achievement of organizational goals, objectives and strategic plans and fosters and advances the philosophy, mission, and vision of Trinity Health.
- MD/DO, Master’s degree in Business of Health Care Administration (preferred). Extensive (ten years or more) progressively responsible executive level experience in large, complex, integrated health care systems (preferred).
- In depth knowledge and understanding of all business aspects of health care with emphasis in physician group practice management and growth, along with progressive leadership in the management of physician and hospital relationships.
- Exceptional leadership, management and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to skillfully counsel, collaborate and negotiate; inspire and build confidence in others; create alliances; obtain support and respect from diverse groups and foster an understanding and commitment to the ministry.
- Ability to adapt style and approach to match the needs of varying teams, individuals and situations. Extensive knowledge and experience leading and managing complex organizational change and performance improvement.