This position has been filled.
CommonSpirit was created by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health as a single ministry in early 2019. Today CommonSpirit delivers clinical excellence across a system of 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care centers serving 21 states; and through more than $4 billion annually in charity care, community benefits, and government program services.
Nationwide, CommonSpirit Health’s Physician Enterprise represents more than 5,800 employed and affiliated providers, 1,100 ambulatory care sites, and 21 value-based organizations. Its medical groups, physician networks, and population health work are the core of CommonSpirit’s efforts to expand access to primary and preventative care, advocate for those who are poor and vulnerable, and transition to a value-based and coordinated care approach that builds healthier communities and keeps health care affordable.
The Texas Division of CommonSpirit Health, also referred to as St. Luke’s Health, stretches across southeastern Texas. With revenues exceeding $2 billion, the Texas Division includes:
- St Luke’s Health is comprised of eight hospitals, eight emergency centers,
- St Luke’s Health Memorial is comprised of three hospitals and a long-term acute care facility in East Texas.
- St Joseph’s Health inclusive of five hospitals, two long-term care facilities, one freestanding emergency center, four urgent care clinics, and several St. Joseph Medical Group locations across Brazos Valley
In addition, the Texas Division is a part of a joint venture agreement with Baylor College of Medicine®, which encompasses Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center in the Texas Medical Center – inclusive of St. Luke’s Medical Center, The Texas Heart Institute, and Baylor College of Medicine®
The Senior Vice President, Physician Enterprise for CommonSpirit Texas, will be responsible for the executive leadership and strategic direction of the medical group, ensuring clinical, operational, and fiscal success. This role will maintain the highest level of care focused on fully integrated, high quality and cost-effective healthcare outcomes. This position will oversee the future growth of the physician enterprise, including growth of clinical service lines, and the monitoring of budgets and productivity measures to assure defined targets are attained. As the primary outward-facing representative of the Physician Enterprise, this role will cultivate and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders to foster enhanced community interaction. This role will focus on optimizing culture, quality, and safety, and foster the ongoing development of population health initiatives.
- Medical group leadership experience in a large multi-specialty group strongly preferred.
- A physician leadership (MD/DO) or administrative leadership (master’s prepared) background, within an integrated delivery system or complex health care organization; seven or more years of senior executive leadership experience required.
- Depth in relationships with academic medical center partners and clinical enterprises within schools of medicine.
- Prior profit and loss accountability, and strong understanding of healthcare delivery financing, healthcare operations, and industry trends.
- Depth in building strong relationships across expanding physician entities, fostering collegial relationships and engendering a culture of success.
- Proven background in standardization and continuous improvement in the clinical environment with a focus on patient experience. Background in process redesign, performance improvement, and innovation strongly desired.
- Commitment to advocating for policies that improve health outcomes for the most vulnerable members of our communities. Devotion to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong executive presence and excellent public speaker