This position has been filled.
Centene Corporation is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Founded as a single health plan in 1984, Centene Corporation has established itself as a national leader in the healthcare services field. Today, Centene works with more than 11 million members in 29 states with government-sponsored healthcare programs and initiatives. Fortune Magazine has ranked Centene Corporation No. 66 in its 2017 FORTUNE 500 list of largest corporations in the United States, ranked by revenue, up from 124th spot last year.
Centene seeks a Senior Vice President, Network Development & Contracting at the corporate level. Reporting to the Corporate Senior Vice President, this role will lead the corporate strategy for provider network development and will have primary accountability for nationwide contracting and provider network performance. This role will lead all aspects of provider network strategy to include access analysis, network operations, and overall unit cost management, participating as a member of the corporate leadership team. With extensive travel, relocation to St. Louis not required.
- Strong depth in governmental managed care contracting, with particular expertise in Medicare populations/product lines required.
- Strategic experience managing large regional or national provider networks, in a highly competitive marketplace; superior negotiation skills and ability to build effective relationships with providers.
- Strong understanding of the financial and strategic impact of provider contracts and network affiliations in the health care delivery marketplace.
- Acumen in healthcare analytics, including medical economic projections necessary to meet targeted member growth and medical cost ratio needs.
- Thought leadership and innovation surrounding health system, large provider group, acute care facility, and ancillary contracting strategies in the governmental space.
- At least 10 years of senior leadership experience; Bachelor’s required; Master’s Degree (MBA, MPH, MPA) preferred.