Centene Corporation is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals.
Centene seeks a Senior Vice President of Medical Management for IlliniCare, Centene’s 5th largest health plan. Illinicare currently includes 360,000 covered lives in government products, with strong growth predicted in the next year. Centene serves more than 12 million members through programs and services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Fortune Magazine has ranked Centene Corporation No. 66 in its 2017 FORTUNE 500 list of largest corporations in the United States, ranked by revenue, up from the 124th spot in 2016.
Reporting to this role will be the Vice President Medical Management and over 700 FTEs, representing the largest employee base within IlliniCare. The Senior Vice President of Medical Management will lead the development and implementation of short term, long term, and cost saving initiatives of IlliniCare’s current and future products. This position will focus on strategic development of new medical management approaches, with an emphasis on innovation, new technologies, and program development to impact specialized populations.
- RN degree, with bachelor’s or BSN required. Master’s highly preferred.
- Ten years of experience leading the care management process in a health plan.
- Strong strategic and innovative approach, with depth in new processes, approaches to new technologies and programs, and performance improvement.
- Thorough understanding of medical information systems, medical claims payment process, coding, and case management practices, preferably in the governmental setting.
- Proven background leading a large staff, including responsibilities for hiring, training, assessment, and managing performance of staff.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.