This position has been filled.
The Commerce Trust Company has operated for over 100 years as a trust company and leading source of tailored asset management, creative private banking and comprehensive trust and family office services for individuals, families, corporate executives and business owners. In addition, our client serves a variety of institutional clients with customized investment programs, as well as sole-source solutions for all of their financial needs. Total client assets are approximately $40 billion. As a division of a bank holding company, our client is among the Midwest’s largest banking organizations, and has a history of financial stability and strong commitment to the communities it serves.
Position Overview For Director Of Private Client Advisors
The successful candidate will be based in Kansas City, MO and will be responsible for management and oversight of the West Region Private Client Advisors and Relationship Managers who provide client services including: goal setting, strategic financial planning, investment management, wealth management education, tax and estate planning, risk management, and other banking-related services such as business banking, mortgage banking and loan management programs.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in trusts and investments.
- Undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree (MBA) is preferred.
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills; able to develop, motivate and lead a culture of quality and excellence; approachable to all clients and office staff.
- Exhibits polish, professionalism and strong business acumen complemented by strong listening skills; self-motivated and proactive; self-confident; self-starter.
- Flexible leader with a roll-up-your-sleeves approach and mentality.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building relationships and in quickly and effectively developing trust, confidence, and respect with clients; diplomatic, tactful and pragmatic in all interactions.
- Highly motivated and results oriented team player; demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple constituencies to accomplish objectives; effective facilitator and problem solver.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong teaching and presentation skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and efficient; ability to effectively prioritize and delegate.
- Sound decision making skills; effectively identifies/anticipates opportunities, needs and issues; makes appropriate decisions and recommendations; resourceful.
- Demonstrated high intelligence, integrity, honesty, empathy and discretion; maintains confidentiality and highest level of loyalty.
- Willingness to travel to client and prospective client locations, as required.