This position has been filled.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 121 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities – that provide nearly 2 million visits annually. With annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $23.4 billion, the organization returns almost $1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians.
The Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer provides executive leadership for physician services throughout the Trinity Health organization. This leader will act as a champion for enhancing quality of care, comprehensive health care delivery, and patient safety while exceeding patient’s expectations of the overall care experience. This leader will serve as a key member in developing and implementing Trinity Health’s people centered clinical strategy and programs. Additionally, the Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer will act as a consultant to senior leadership and medical staff leaders throughout the system to provide strategic direction regarding medical staff engagement, development, succession planning, and accreditation models for collaboration and as a resource to Physician Practice Leadership. The Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer provides expertise in medical staff functions such as physician credentialing, privileging, peer review medical staff by-laws and medical staff recruiting. This senior leader fosters dialogue and collaboration within Clinical Operations Improvement, Patient Care Services, other health care providers and system leadership to promote improvements in clinical quality indicators and outcomes, support clinical process redesign, clinical informatics and leverage of enabling technology such as Inpatient and Ambulatory EHRs. The Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer serves as a member of the Trinity Health senior leadership council, participating in the overall management of the organization and as a leader in the development, governance, and management of the organization.
- MD/DO is required, Master’s degree in Business of Health Care Administration is preferred.
- Ten years or more of progressively responsible executive level experience in large, complex, integrated health care systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding in trends in health care including physician-hospital relationships, physician practice models, access issues, quality improvement processes, clinical information systems, and the implications of the changing health care environment for medical credentialing are essential.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills required to initiate and develop productive working partnerships with all levels of management/leadership and staff.
- Ability to influence results, garner support and tactfully manage complex relationships and influences within and across the organization.
- High integrity with the demonstrated ability to skillfully counsel, collaborate and negotiate; inspire and build confidence in others; create alliances; obtain support and respect from diverse groups and foster an understanding and commitment to the ministry.