The University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center is recognized throughout the Midwest and the nation as one of the leading innovators in cancer research, quality patient care and active community involvement. UW Carbone Cancer Center is the only comprehensive cancer center in Wisconsin, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. Established in 1973, the UW Carbone Cancer Center specializes in the treatment of more than 25 cancer types, including pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer, melanoma, lymphoma and thyroid cancer.
UW Health is the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison serving more than 600,000 patients each year in the Upper Midwest and beyond with approximately 1,750 physicians and 21,000 staff at seven hospitals and more than 80 outpatient sites. UW Health is governed by the UW Hospitals and Clinics Authority and partners with UW School of Medicine and Public Health to fulfill their patient care, research, education and community service missions.
UW School of Medicine and Public Health is the nation’s only combined school of medicine and public health. Its 1,750 faculty in 10 basic science and 17 clinical departments engage in research, education and clinical care at UW Health’s clinic locations, University Hospital, American Family Children’s Hospital, UW Health at the American Center, UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital, other Madison hospitals and approximately 80 regional locations.
The University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center and UW Health are seeking a Senior Medical Director, UW Health Clinical Cancer Services to serve as the physician leader of clinical cancer services at UW Health. This leader will be accountable for leading the effective delivery of clinical cancer services through oversight of medical, surgical and radiation oncology care and services throughout the enterprise. The Senior Medical Director, UW Health Clinical Cancer Services serves as the clinical champion for cancer care and research at UW Health, promoting evidenced-based practice, effective care delivery models, patient centered programming and incorporation of clinical/translational research into cancer services. In this role, the physician leader will partner with the UW Health Cancer Services Administrator and Nursing Leader as members of the Clinical Cancer leadership team; working to improve the delivery of optimum care throughout the oncology care continuum at UW Health.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Active medical license with board certification in Hematology and/or Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology and/or related subspecialties such as Gynecologic Oncology or Radiation Oncology
- Five years of progressively responsible experience as a practicing physician. Leadership experience should include management of staff and multiple clinical functions. Must have prior experience with leading quality improvement in a clinical setting.
- MMM/MHA/MBA or equivalent
- Work experience in a multi-hospital system or integrated delivery system
- Broad based knowledge in the full scope of oncology services, best practices, leadership, and administration
- Additional experience in physician leadership roles