This position has been filled.
SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through one of the largest integrated delivery systems in the nation. With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 20 hospitals, numerous outpatient care sites, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, two nursing homes, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a technology company and two Accountable Care Organizations. With more than 9,500 employees on its medical staff and more than 35,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community it serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM Health is a national leader for the depth of its EHR integration.
SSM Health’s Wisconsin Region seeks a Senior Medical Director of Primary Care. The SSM Health Wisconsin Medical Group will include more than 620 providers offering primary, specialty and tertiary care services across 72 clinical locations in Madison and Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. The SSM Health Wisconsin Medical Group serves more than 400,000 members of the Dean Health Plan. The Senior Medical Director of Primary Care will be responsible for the growth and development of the primary care service line, inclusive of more than 300 primary care providers. This newly created role will focus on the alignment of clinical and quality goals, coalescing a participatory model and culture, and bringing sound data, innovative approaches, and a spirit of partnership to drive success.
- Demonstrated experience leading a primary care service line or large group practice of a health care organization. Minimum of five years’ prior clinical experience.
- Depth facilitating the development and refinement of physician practices, serving as the primary physician liaison to ensure cost effective, high quality, comprehensive health services.
- Acumen in alignment of physician compensation models, EMR adoption and integration, and ability to mentor and develop other physician leaders.
- Experience interfacing collaboratively with clinic physician leaders, administrative leaders, and group leadership to execute strategic, financial, clinical quality, and operational goals.
- Background operating in an accountable care or value-based reimbursement environment. Acumen implementing quality and care management initiatives in conjunction with clinical site leaders and dyad administrators.