This position has been filled.
Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA) is a not-for-profit, community-based healthcare organization dedicated to improving care for individuals who are dually eligible for MassHealth (Medicaid) and Medicare with complex medical, behavioral health and social needs, including those with disabilities. With more than 32,000 members, CCA offers two plans: Senior Care Options (FIDE SNP), for individuals ages 65 and older who have Medicare and MassHealth Standard or only MassHealth Standard; and One Care, a Massachusetts demonstration program for dual eligible individuals ages 21 to 64. For three consecutive years, CCA’s One Care plan received a top consumer rating for quality and access in the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) national survey of Medicare-Medicaid Plans (2016, 2017 and 2018), administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS). For 2020, CCA’s Senior Care Options received 4 Stars out of 5 possible Stars, according to the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Star Ratings.
ED to Home is a medical and social intervention program designed to shift acute and urgent care delivery from the hospital to the home using physicians, community health workers, and the delivery of home-based medical services. The Senior Medical Director of ED to Home, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Medical Services, provides leadership and programmatic development of ED to Home and the Complex Care Consult Service at hospitals across Massachusetts.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Interest and experience in serving complex, vulnerable, and disabled populations.
- Experience with quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation, and health systems strengthening, innovation, and training is desired, although not essential.
- Proven skills, knowledge base, and judgment necessary for independent clinical decision-making.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to independently develop and execute an agenda or plan.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Commitment to social justice in medicine and an understanding of healthcare reform.
- Effective management, teaching and mentorship skills.