This position has been filled.
The Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides supportive, preventive, protective, public health and intervention services that protect the public health, assists our customers in meeting their needs, and assists families in providing for the developmental, health and safety needs of their children. The Office of MaineCare Services (OMS) works collaboratively with the Office of the Governor on health reform; and coordinates with other health plans on statewide healthcare improvement initiatives. OMS assures that the health care programs and services it administers operate in keeping with Department goals and federal mandates and are consistent with State policy. The Office of Financial Management within the Commissioner’s Office is responsible for the oversight and management of a $3.5 billion budget. MaineCare represents approximately $2.5 billion of the overall budget.
The Senior Financial Analyst will primarily be responsible for MaineCare data analysis to assist in internal decision-making. The selected candidate will apply professional financial, statistical, and programmatic knowledge and analytical skills to a wide variety of OMS and other DHHS office analytical/financial initiatives. This individual will be expected to translate outcomes into supporting analysis for fiscal impact forecasts, budgets, utilization, and/or actual fiscal outcomes, and function as a key team member in the MaineCare forecasting efforts. The Senior Financial Analyst will work both individually and as part of multi-discipline teams on projects varying in size and scope from short-term ad-hoc requests to long-term strategic initiatives to validation of application system upgrades, updates, and conversions while collaborating with other Departments within the OMS, other DHHS offices and the Department of Administrative and Financial Services.
- Eight-year combination of education and/or experience which includes a degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or a closely related field, and four years of responsible experience in accounting, cost, budget and/or financial analysis.
- A demonstrated ability to obtain, synthesize and integrate a broad range of data (financial and/or programmatic) from multiple sources for use in analytic/financial reporting initiatives.
- Knowledge of government finance and/or health care claims processing.
- A history of utilizing data and statistical analysis to test, challenge and defend assumptions. Experience with large scale ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and/or health claims process applications and data warehouses is preferred.
- Advanced technical skills in the use of spreadsheets (pivot tables, functions, macros/VB script, etc.), database query/reporting methodologies and statistical analysis skill sets.
- Prior experience with Business Intelligence and/or Analytic software suite is preferred (i.e. SQL, Server SSRS/SSAS, Cognos, BI, Business Object, SAS, SPSS, etc.).