This position has been filled.
The Southwestern Indiana Graduate Medical Education Consortium (SIGMEC) represents four independent hospitals which have come together with the Indiana University School of Medicine to provide graduate medical education, attract new physician residents to Southwestern Indiana, and increase the potential of retaining health care providers in the region. The consortium includes: St. Vincent Health in Evansville, with 500 beds; Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, with 550 beds; Memorial Hospital in Jasper, with 140 beds; and Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes, with 230 beds. The SIGMEC represents a number of newly formed ACGME residency programs slated to begin accepting residents in 2019.
The Residency Program Director is a full-time position for a Board-Certified Family Medicine Physician whose oversight of the Family Medicine Residency Program will provide a unique opportunity to develop the program as well as assist in the selection of faculty and staff. The Residency Program Director will help identify and obtain the faculty, facilities, support services, equipment, and educational resources necessary to achieve the educational goals and objectives of the program, and maintenance of program accreditation. S/he will oversee the recruitment of high caliber residents for the program each year and provide an educational experience that will enable resident physicians to obtain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to practice the specialty of Family Medicine independently and competently, with successful achievement of certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM).
The Family Medicine Residency Program will be based at Memorial Hospital in Jasper, Indiana. Sponsored by the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, Memorial Hospital includes more than 30 specialties with 100 active medical staff in 33 health centers across 8 counties. Memorial Hospital employs more than 1,700 people, and provides care for 6,600 inpatients, 254,000 outpatients, and 30,000 emergency department visits annually. Nearly 950 babies are born at Memorial Hospital each year.
- Board Certified and licensed MD or DO with experience in an allopathic ACGME program.
- Prior experience as Program Director, Associate Program Director, Medical Director, or Senior Faculty member in a successful, accredited Family Medicine residency program.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong track record as an outstanding clinician.
- Ability to recruit and retain residents and faculty members.
- Ideally, proven track record of development of a newly accredited residency program desirable.
- Ability to relocate to Indiana.