This position has been filled.
Centene is seeking several Regional Vice Presidents, Medical Management for multiple regions across the US. This role will be field-based and does not require relocation, with approximately 50 percent travel.
Centene serves more than 12 million members through programs and services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Fortune Magazine has ranked Centene Corporation No. 61 in its 2018 FORTUNE 500 list of largest corporations in the United States, ranked by revenue, up from the 66th spot in 2017.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, the RVP, Medical Management will plan, develop, and drive execution of medical management and quality improvement programs, processes, and initiatives to ensure improved quality outcomes, achievement of health benefit ratio targets, and reduction in administrative costs. This role will drive adoption of best practices and standardization, while developing customized approaches for unique markets and product lines.
- RN degree, with bachelor’s or BSN required. Master’s highly preferred.
- Ten or more years leading the medical management process, managing staff and workload performance within a managed care
- Solid understanding of appropriate metrics, measures, and outcomes, displaying a keen ability to work in a data driven environment.
- Strong strategic and innovative approach, with depth in new processes, approaches to new technologies and programs, and performance improvement.
- Thorough understanding of medical information systems, provider contracting approaches, and case management practices, preferably in the governmental setting.
- Ability to implement change in a consultative approach and maneuver in a matrix reporting environment. Six Sigma experience preferred.