This position has been filled.
Washington Physicians Group (WPG) is a non-profit corporation that owns and manages 19 medical practices consisting of 50 providers in 24 locations. WPG providers serve communities in Washington, Greene, Allegheny and surrounding counties in Southwestern Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio. WHS’s Washington Hospital is a voluntary, non-profit 260-bed community hospital with a 16-bed acute rehabilitation unit, a 16-bassinet nursery, and an 8-bed residential hospice. WPG is part of Washington Health System (WHS), which also includes two hospitals. The system is committed to remaining independent and is the dominant provider in the marketplace.
The President provides guidance and leadership to physicians in order to achieve consistent, cost-effective and high-quality care. In a dyad partnership with the Executive Administrator of the WPG, performs administrative activities independently or in conjunction with the CEO, board of directors, senior leadership, and committees to ensure the Washington Physicians Group (WPG) meets strategic goals. In conjunction with System CMIO, the President assumes responsibility for physician-related information technology management within the WPG. The President serves as an effective liaison internally and externally and develops and maintains relationships that are necessary to fulfill position objectives.
- Medical degree with appropriate residency training and board certification including valid PA license free from disciplinary action. Favorable background checks.
- Five years’ experience as a practitioner along with medical administration or other leadership role at a group or hospital level.
- Financial experience including budget preparation and interpretation of financial statements.
- Human Resources experience including hiring, firing, and evaluating performance.
- Advanced degree (MPH, MBA) and/or graduate level courses in health administration and business administration preferred.