This position has been filled.
UPMC is a $21 billion health care provider and the largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, integrating 90,000 employees, 40 hospitals, and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites. The UPMC Pinnacle network consists of 7 acute care hospitals, over 160 outpatient clinics, and more than 2,900 providers serving Central Pennsylvania. Pinnacle Health Medical Group (PHMG) is experiencing rapid growth and is currently comprised of nearly 300 family medicine physicians, internal medicine physicians, pediatricians and specialists practicing at 50+ locations in 10 counties.
UPMC Pinnacle seeks a dynamic and collaborative physician leader to serve as President, Pinnacle Health Medical Group. Based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, the President of Pinnacle Health Medical Group will be accountable for providing strategic leadership, establishing and implementing long-range goals, proactively leading growth through acquisition and key physician recruitment, maintaining PHMG’s financial integrity, facilitating physician integration, optimizing clinical quality, and overseeing all medical management and managed care contracts for PHMG. This President will also be a catalyst in preparing for accountable care, bundled payments, and value-based reimbursement. Importantly, this leader will collaborate closely with UPMC Pinnacle senior leadership and community providers, and will be a highly visible leader in local, regional and national forums.
- MD or DO degree required. Licensed or the ability to obtain medical licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Strategic leader possessing extensive experience leading a multi-specialty network within an integrated delivery system.
- Experience in leading growth initiatives, including physician practice acquisitions in a competitive market.
- There is a strong preference for a clinically active physician leader.
- Previous experience with electronic medical records, community patient care patterns, clinical care models, and workflows.
- Familiarity with continuity of care models, population health, outcomes management and data usage.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, with the ability to determine priorities, establish and implement long-range goals.