This position has been filled.
Based in St. Louis, SSM Health is sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Mary and began with five religious Sisters who journeyed to St. Louis in 1872 from Germany to be of service to people in need. In their early ledgers, the sisters listed patients who could not pay for their care as “Our Dear Lord’s.” To this day, SSM Health ensures discounts for people without health insurance. The system cares for people in a variety of settings including 19 hospitals, numerous physician offices, a pharmacy benefits company, an insurance company, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. It has affiliations with several rural hospitals while operating facilities in four states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma. In FY2013, more than 1.3 million people came to SSM Health for care. SSM Health has about 30,000 employees, 7,000 employed and affiliated physicians, 8,500 nurses and nearly 2,500 volunteers. It was the first healthcare recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige Award and was the first large health system to go tobacco-free inside and out.
The President assumes responsibility for the daily operations of St. Mary’s Hospital, Audrain to ensure that the hospital runs efficiently and effectively and delivers distinctive clinical quality and patient satisfaction results. The President communicates and interprets organizational and departmental missions, goals and objectives to all areas of responsibility. The President provides leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of activities and is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs. The President reports directly to the Regional President/CEO of Hospital Operations and has a team of direct reports including the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nursing Officer as well as various Directors of ancillary services.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration or related field required.
- Possesses a very high degree of analytical ability and problem-solving skills to evaluate information; to plan, organize and direct the work of the facility; to develop short and long range goals, and to ensure the sound managerial practices within the facility.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of the administrative facets of the healthcare industry encompassing patient care, medical staff relationships, finance, planning, marketing and human resources.
- Exhibits leadership which engenders support and confidence of subordinates.
- Exhibits well-developed interpersonal skills to interact effectively insensitive or complex situations.
- Understands the legal and regulatory environment of health care.