This position has been filled.
Based in St. Louis, SSM Health is sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Mary and began with five religious Sisters who journeyed to St. Louis in 1872 from Germany to be of service to people in need. In their early ledgers, the sisters listed patients who could not pay for their care as “Our Dear Lord’s.” To this day, SSM Health ensures discounts for people without health insurance. The system cares for people in a variety of settings including 19 hospitals, numerous physician offices, a pharmacy benefits company, an insurance company, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. It has affiliations with several rural hospitals while operating facilities in four states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma. In FY2013, more than 1.3 million people came to SSM Health for care. SSM Health has about 30,000 employees, 7,000 employed and affiliated physicians, 8,500 nurses and nearly 2,500 volunteers. It was the first healthcare recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige Award and was the first large health system to go tobacco-free inside and out.
The President in the healthcare institution within SSM Health is responsible for the establishment, maintenance and enhancement of quality health services in accordance with the Philosophy and Mission of the SSM Health. This person acts within the parameters established by the Board of Directors and System Management.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are required.
- Ability and desire to integrate CQI principles and tools into work processes.
- Possesses a very high degree of analytical ability and problem-solving skills to evaluate information; to plan, organize and direct the work of the facility; to develop short and long-range goals, and to ensure the sound managerial practices within the facility.
- Exhibits leadership ability which engenders support and confident of subordinates.
- Understand the legal and regulatory environment of healthcare.