This position has been filled.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is seeking a President to serve the 237-bed community hospital, which is ranked among the top orthopedic and rehabilitation programs in the country. With over 1,800 total joint replacements annually, Inova Mount Vernon has received the Gold Seal of Approval for outstanding care in joint replacement procedures from The Joint Commission. Rated ‘A’ for quality by Leapfrog for every year since 2014, Inova Mount Vernon recently opened the new Veatch Family Emergency Department, a state-of-the-art facility featuring 35 all-private treatment rooms.
Inova Health System is comprised of five hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds and 16,000 employees. This $3.3 billion system, up almost 10% in operating revenue in recent years, has been recognized for its success and commitment to quality care.
- Financial analysts awarded Inova a “AA+” S&P rating
- First and only hospitals in the DC to receive 5 out of 5 stars for quality by CMS
- Ranked by US News & World report and Becker’s Hospital Review as being among the best hospitals in the DC area
- Gold seal of approval by the Joint Commission in numerous fields, including joint replacement, spine surgery, NICU, and cardiology care
The Northern Virginia region consists of a large, vibrant, and fascinating urban area along with suburban and rural communities filled with a wide variety of cultural activities, museums, entertainment, shopping, festivals, outdoor recreation, great restaurants, and of course ample opportunity to rediscover our nation’s history.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Executive leadership experience or an administrative managerial background. Medical Degree, Masters in health services, business administration, or other applicable degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of senior executive leadership experience within a sophisticated community care hospital, ideally part of a highly ranked health system.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing clinical service lines. Depth in either orthopedic or rehabilitation service lines would be ideal.
- Strong record of collaboration and customer service orientation toward physicians and the communities served. Experience with collaborative and successful business arrangements that support growth and address community health care needs.
- Polished executive presence and public speaking skills, clear written and verbal communications skills and exemplary facilitation background.