This position has been filled.
Inova Health System is seeking a President to serve Inova Alexandria Hospital, a 320-bed acute care facility that serves Northern Virginia, the Washington, D.C. metro area and beyond. Inova Alexandria Hospital includes advanced service lines such as the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute; Inova Schar Cancer Institute; and the Inova Neuroscience and Spine Institute. With over 3,500 births per year and a Level III NICU, Inova Alexandria Hospital is investing $5.2 million for its Women’s Tower, which will feature four floors dedicated to women’s and children’s services. Rated ‘A’ for quality by Leapfrog, Inova Alexandria Hospital sees 60,000 emergency room visits per year, contributing to over 15,000 admissions annually.
Inova Health System is comprised of five hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds and 16,000 employees. This $3.3 billion system, up almost 10 percent in operating revenue in recent years, has been recognized for its success and commitment to quality care.
- Financial analysts awarded Inova a “AA+” S&P rating
- First and only hospitals in the DC to receive 5 out of 5 stars for quality by CMS
- Ranked by US News & World report and Becker’s Hospital Review as being among the best hospitals in the DC area
- Gold seal of approval by the Joint Commission in numerous fields, including joint replacement, spine surgery, NICU, and cardiology care
The Northern Virginia region consists of a large, vibrant, and fascinating urban area along with suburban and rural communities filled with a wide variety of cultural activities, museums, entertainment, shopping, festivals, outdoor recreation, great restaurants, and of course ample opportunity to rediscover our nation’s history.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Executive leadership experience or Senior administrative background. Medical degree, Masters in health services, business administration, or other applicable degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of senior executive leadership experience within a sophisticated community care hospital, ideally part of a highly ranked health system.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing clinical service lines, including physician leader recruitment, program planning and execution, and service line management.
- Strong record of collaboration and customer service orientation toward physicians and the communities served. Experience with collaborative and successful business arrangements that support growth and address community health care needs.
- Experience in capital expansion planning, facility renovation, and new construction desired.
- Polished executive presence and public speaking skills, clear written and verbal communications skills and exemplary facilitation background.