This position has been filled.
Cone Health is an integrated not-for-profit network of healthcare providers serving people in Guilford, Forsyth, Rockingham, Alamance, Randolph, Caswell and surrounding counties. As one of the region’s largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, more than 100 physician practice sites and multiple centers of excellence.
Cone Health Medical Group is a physician-led network of specialty and primary care medical practices of more than 500 physicians and healthcare professionals at 100 locations across North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad. CHMG providers offer primary care medical services, including family medicine, in-house hospitalist services, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics and urgent care. Specialty care — such as cardiology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, oncology, endocrinology, urology, neurology, ophthalmology, critical care, allergy and asthma, cardiac thoracic surgery, vascular surgery, and general surgery — is also available at many locations.
The President and Chief Medical Officer of Cone Health Medical Group serve as CHMG’s physician leader, responsible for quality improvement activities related to Patient Safety, Risk Management, Infection Prevention, Environment of Care Safety, Care Management, Care Division Department, and Medical Informatics within CHMG. The President and Chief Medical Officer interacts with CHMG Care Division Medical Directors and Executive Council to oversee medical staff functions, provider engagement, and alignment as well as an appropriate integration of medical staff with other clinical staff. The President and Chief Medical Officer works collaboratively with all Cone Health System entities; including but not limited to Triad HealthCare Network, Ambulatory Services, Connected Care, and Cone Health Hospital Divisions, to enhance patient care. The President and Chief Medical Officer reports directly to the Chief Clinical Officer, Cone Health and acts as a dyad partner with the Executive Vice President, Ambulatory and Physician Enterprise in all activities related to Cone Health Medical Group.
- Eligible for a license to practice as MD or DO in the state of North Carolina.
- Eligible for staff privileges.
- Board certification.
- Prior leadership experience serving on a medical group governing board or council, a medical staff executive committee, or a hospital or health system board.
- Commitment to Cone Health and the Cone Health Medical Groups’ vision and objectives.
- Influence skills with a demonstrated ability to obtain provider support when developing, implementing, and promoting projects, ventures, and programs in a shared leadership environment.
- Skills in building bridges between the provider (independent and employed) and the System. Results measured by metrics such as satisfaction measures of patients, employees, and physicians.