Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) seeks a new President & CEO of its O’Fallon, IL-based St. Elizabeth’s Hospital. This executive leader is a champion for the organization and is responsible for the delivery of the highest quality health care, strategic leadership, and fiscal health within the ministry. This position is tasked with preserving the 146-year history of HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital while ensuring its position to continue to serve as an innovative leader in Southern Illinois’ competitive healthcare market. The President & CEO will serve as a community leader focused on caring for the needs of the O’Fallon and surrounding communities. Acting as a collaborative and competent leader, the President & CEO will partner with the HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital Board of Directors, medical staff, and colleagues to deliver superior results for all aspects of quality/safety, strategic leadership, growth, patient/colleague/physician engagement and satisfaction, and fiscal health.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Position HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital for continued organic growth in market share.
- Drive sustainable process improvements/efficiencies throughout the hospital.
- Foster and support innovation in care delivery and organizational behavior that transforms HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital into a high-performing, patient-centric organization.
- Boost the level of visibility of HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in the O’Fallon community.
- Ensure financial and operational success of the organization. Where appropriate, strengthen the business processes and capabilities of the organization’s management team.
- Monitor operating indicators and ensure the organization has met growth and cost control expectations.
- Continue to enhance revenues through evaluation of existing programs and services and make recommendations as needed. Work with other members of the senior leadership team to evaluate new services/program development.
- Develop outstanding working relationships with the HSHS leadership team, HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital Board of Directors, leadership team and medical staff.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business, Healthcare Administration or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in high-level administrative, strategic planning and business development in a healthcare setting required.
- Fellowship status in American College of Healthcare Executives is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church who will lead the Local Entity (LE) in a manner that reflects the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to work well with others.
- Proven track record of working well within a complex health system to successfully carry out system strategic initiatives and represent the local market.
- Strong communication skills, specifically with system and market level leaders, as well as across the local team.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, analytic and business planning/writing skills.
- Strong self-motivation, discipline, focus and high personal productivity.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to multiple requirements simultaneously and flexibly.
- Ability to drive change management and support associated processes.
- History of success in developing effective working relationships with physicians and other clinicians is essential.
- Experience in group decision-making, process design and project management.
- Success in partnering with physician groups in a variety of employment models, to include employed, aligned and/or independent providers.
- Strong and innovative approach to improving quality and patient experience metrics.
- Experience working closely with health plans to improve clinical quality and reduce medical expense through collaborative efforts highly desirabl