This position has been filled.
Pine Rest is a nonprofit, freestanding, behavioral health system founded in 1910 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This comprehensive behavioral health center, coupled with the Pine Rest network of 19 outpatient clinics and satellite offices in Michigan and Iowa, provide individualized and group therapy for people of all ages and levels of need. Pine Rest Clinicians offer therapeutic services in behavioral health across the continuum of care, and within a Christian worldview.
Pine Rest has a 198-bed inpatient hospital program with a 36-bed child and adolescent inpatient unit, a state of the art 26-bed “flex” unit for adolescent and young adults, and a partial hospital program for adolescents and children. Additionally, Pine Rest has many inpatient services for adults, including: four 22-bed adult inpatient units each designed for a different level of acuity, a 22-bed co-occurring substance use disorder adult inpatient unit, a large adult partial hospital program, a 26-bed older adult inpatient unit and a 12-bed unique mother-baby partial hospital program. Other campus-based services include a forensic psychiatry clinic, a psychological consultation testing center, an attention deficit disorders clinic, an autism spectrum disorders clinic and a large neuromodulation clinic, which provides TMS and ECT services.
Position Overview- Medical Director, Hospital-Based Services
Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services is seeking a Medical Director of Hospital-Based Services. Within a Christian framework, this leader will be responsible for developing and clearly communicating a vision for providing best-in-class services. S/he will be expected to fully engage with key stakeholders, including the Pine Rest Psychiatry Residency Program, current medical staff, administration, interdisciplinary teams and external partners.
- Energetically supports the mission of Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services.
- Active medical license or ability to obtain permanent, unrestricted medical licensure in the state of Michigan.
- Board certified.
- Possesses 10-15 years of relevant clinical experience.
- Evidence of a demonstrated administrative experience.
- Possesses the unique skill of successfully bridging clinical and administrative leadership.
- Has a passion for clinical excellence, professional development and collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Values psychiatry research.
- An influencer and educator with the credibility to effectively cast a transformational vision for the future.