Piedmont Healthcare is a not-for-profit healthcare organization with an expanding network of 11 hospitals and 22,000 employees, and centers of excellence in cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedic, oncology and transplant services. Piedmont Health offers 555 clinical practice locations, and completes 325 organ transplants and more than 523,000 ED visits annually.
The Piedmont Physician Enterprise includes over 800 employed physicians within the Piedmont Medical Care Corporation; the Piedmont Heart Institute, named as a Top 100 heart program by Becker’s Hospital review; and the Piedmont Clinic. The Piedmont Clinic represents the organization’s 2,000 physician Clinically Integrated Network (CIN). The Piedmont Physician Enterprise includes over 2,500 employees and 125+ clinical locations with approximately $418M in total revenue.
The Chief Financial Officer for the Piedmont Physician Enterprise will be responsible for the overall financial success of the organization and implement operational strategies to grow revenues, contain costs, and maintain the highest level of clinical quality care. This role will provide organizational oversight of all financial planning, operating strategies, and financial outcomes. The Chief Financial Officer will forecast the physician group activity and financial positions in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations. As a member of the Piedmont Physician Enterprise senior leadership team, this position will direct the preparation of financial budget targets and provide ongoing monitoring, communication and leadership to assure success.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Ten years of progressively increasing financial leadership roles and five or more years of senior-level experience within a large physician group practice or integrated delivery setting.
- Previous experience running a multisite medical group with profit and loss accountability, and a deep understanding of healthcare delivery operations, healthcare financing, and industry trends.
- Proven track record developing and monitoring of capital and operational budgets in support of strategic goals and operational efficiency.
- Ability to successfully perform within metrics driven health care delivery system.
- MBA, CPA, and/or HFMA Fellow highly desired.