This position has been filled.
Novant Health has nationally ranked heart and vascular care teams dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients through advanced treatments. Novant Health’s cardiac care is ranked among the best in the nation and many of the system’s facilities have earned recognition such as:
- Top 10 percent for treatment of heart attacks nationally.
- Top national ranking for heart surgery.
- Highest designation for chest pain center accreditation.
- Top 25 in the nation for quality improvement for surgical patient care.
Novant Health is seeking a Physician Leader for the electrophysiology program in the Charlotte Market, responsible for electrophysiologists at Novant Presbyterian Medical Center. With 622 beds, Novant Presbyterian Medical Center includes 3 dedicated EP labs and plans to be directly connected to Novant’s new John M. and Claudia W. Belk Heart and Vascular Medical Plaza and the Edward I. and Agnes B. Weisiger Cancer Institute. The successful candidate will lead the development and growth of the electrophysiology program within the Charlotte market, with primary responsibility for developing the clinical program to achieve the quality, safety, patient experience and growth goals of Novant Health.
This role will be part of the Novant Heart & Vascular Institute a fully, integrated, multi-disciplinary service line for all cardiac, vascular and thoracic services that includes 54 physicians, 112 advance practice clinicians, over 41,000 IP/OP acute cases and nearly 30,000 new patient encounters annually.
- An MD or DO degree with board certification in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences, in group settings or one-on-one.
- Expertise in establishing physician relationships combined with the ability to manage an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Personal characteristics of integrity, maturity, and honesty aligned with the mission and values of Novant Health.