Novant Health – Forsyth Medical Center is seeking a Physician Leader for the Cardiothoracic Surgery Program in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Forsyth Medical Center is a 921-bed tertiary medical center that offers a newly created VAD and ECMO program as well as active TAVR, Robotics, CABG, Minimally Invasive procedures and a wide variety of other cardiothoracic surgery services. Novant Forsyth Medical Center has received the prestigious three star rating by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for quality outcomes in cardiac surgery, placing NHFMC in the top 10 percent in the country.
This role will be part of the Novant Heart and Vascular Institute, a fully-integrated, multi-disciplinary service line for all cardiac, vascular and thoracic services that includes 54 physicians, 112 advance practice clinicians, over 41,000 IP/OP acute cases and nearly 30,000 new patient encounters annually.
Novant Health has nationally ranked heart and vascular care teams dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients through advanced treatments. Novant Health’s cardiac care is ranked among the best in the nation and many of the system’s facilities have earned recognition such as:
- Top 10 percent for treatment of heart attacks nationally.
- Top national ranking for heart surgery.
- Highest designation for chest pain center accreditation.
- Top 25 in the nation for quality improvement for surgical patient care.
- Strong clinical acumen; ability to engage and grow active and thriving programs.
- Prior leadership experience and programmatic development expertise strongly desired.
- Team-oriented surgeon with experience in groups practicing all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery, including CABG, valvular, aortic surgery, TAVR and VAD/ECMO.
- Board certification in cardiothoracic surgery.