This position has been filled.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is at the forefront of basic and translational pancreatic cancer research. Cancer is a top strategic priority at MCW. The Cancer Service Line is the largest in health system portfolio; delivering high-quality cancer care to over 5,000 unique new patients annually and follow-up care to a substantial portion of cancer patients in Southeast Wisconsin. Froedtert and MCW (F&MCW) is the inpatient and outpatient market share leader in cancer care in our seven-county primary service area. Cancer care services are delivered through a multi-disciplinary approach and integrated with clinical research to deliver the most advanced, high-quality treatment options. Cancer is a top strategic priority of F&MCW.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Cancer Center invites applications for a faculty position at the Full Professor level in the area of pancreatic cancer research. The applicant will be expected to develop and maintain a nationally funded pancreas research program aligned with major ongoing research efforts in the Molecular Cancer Therapeutics or Cancer Biology research programs of the MCW Cancer Center.
- Candidates should have a PhD or MD/PhD degree(s).
- Successful candidates will be visionary, collegial, and highly motivated experts in their field, leaders as individual researchers and as collaborative members of dynamic teams.
- It is important the candidate demonstrate an established research program history, including a track record of external grants, especially NIH/NCI sponsorship.
- We will consider candidates with the potential to quickly build a strong research program, with demonstrated experience working in academia, government, or industry.
- A strong commitment to graduate and medical education is also important.