Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. NGHS is anchored by Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s four hospital campuses with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) is the largest cardiology practice in the region, with more than 30 physicians seeing patients at 15 locations.
NGHS seeks a strategic and visionary Medical Director of Interventional Cardiology to join its growing team of 30+ cardiologists to serve both administratively and clinically. Reporting to the Division Chief, this leader will help develop strategy, recruit staff and create a fellowship program to complement the residency programs offered. This leader will foster a culture of clinical excellence, intellectual curiosity, and mutual support within NGHS. The Medical Director of Interventional Cardiology will be actively involved in the clinical practice of interventional cardiology.
- An MD degree with board certification in Interventional Cardiology. Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Georgia.
- Demonstrated potential for building strong programs.
- A successful record of accomplishment in recruitment and development of faculty.
- Ability to build and lead teams, as well as relationships with referring physicians and other departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in group settings and one-on-one.
- A strong commitment to patient safety, quality scores and Joint Commission standards.