This position has been filled.
TeamHealth was founded in 1979 with a vision of developing the best teams of healthcare professionals. With the relentless pursuit to advance patient care through strong leadership, innovation, and teamwork, they are proud to say that 35 years later they have made great strides towards their goals. Originally founded to provide emergency department administrative and staffing services, TeamHealth is one of the nation’s largest providers of hospital-based clinical outsourcing in multiple departments, including OB/GYN, Hospital Medicine, in addition to Emergency Medicine. Although they are a national organization, their operating philosophy is essentially the same as when they started. TeamHealth is committed to a patient-centric model of healthcare delivery with hospitals, physician groups and TeamHealth working collaboratively to deliver compassionate, effective, efficient and safe patient care.
The National Medical Director will lead the growth and development of the OB/GYN inpatient service. S/he will serve as the internal and external spirit of the service line. To that end, s/he will work closely with the Vice President of Business Development in the growth of new clients. S/he will oversee the quality improvement program for OB/GYN, including the collection and analysis of data and case reviews. Finally, s/he will establish and maintain the general Scope of Service for OB/GYN and lead the development of specialty-specific material and content.
- Residency trained and Board Certified in OB/GYN.
- Approximately seven years combined clinical and leadership experience; currently active in clinical, research, or mentorship practice in the field of OB/GYN.
- National healthcare presence with the ability to impact overall leadership; active interest and participation in health care activities related to OB/GYN at the national and regional level.
- Three to five years of experience in a senior leadership position in a physician group or healthcare organization related to OB/GYN.
- MBA or advanced management degree preferred.