Founded in 1848, The Knapheide Manufacturing Company is a privately held, rapidly growing manufacturer and supplier of truck equipment and van interiors. Company-branded products are primarily manufactured in a state-of-the-art plant facility located at the headquarters in Illinois and distributed nationwide through a network of dealers and distributors, in addition to company-owned installation centers. Operations include final assembly/up-fitting or integration, and distribution of truck equipment and van interiors. The organization is a recognized leader in the industry and is well-known for its commitment to quality and customer service.
Knapheide’s businesses are aligned through two primary business channels:
- Truck Body Manufacturing and Distribution – Located at the Quincy Headquarters, an approximately 800,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art manufacturing campus produces a full line of vocational truck bodies that are distributed through 240 distribution partners (including 23 company owned locations) across the United States and Canada. Fully integrated engineering, sales, marketing, customer support, and functional teams are also co-located in Quincy, IL.
- Truck Equipment Sales and Installation Services – 23 company-owned equipment sales and installation locations known as Knapheide Truck Equipment Centers (or KTEC) support local, regional, and national customer demand. Customers include fleet and leasing management companies, OEM truck dealerships, regional and national fleets, and individual vocational business owners. KTEC locations install and service Knapheide bodies and equipment on vehicles, along with a full portfolio of products from other manufacturers to meet any customer’s vocational needs.
The National Fleet/Sector Sales Manager role is a new position, driven by growth, that is responsible for identifying, fostering, and capturing large-scale national fleet opportunities within clearly defined industry sectors to deliver revenues through Knapheide’s channel partners. This Manager will be involved in representing the entire range of company products to customers, leading the customer account planning cycle, and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are exceeded by the company.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least five years’ experience in field sales involving capital or industrial equipment sold or at all levels in fleet or capital equipment operations.
- Self-driven leader with demonstrated success in creating plans to identify, target, and capture opportunities within a “Blue Sky” environment.
- Committed to achieving and maintaining customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Motivated by the rewards of capturing revenue growth and enhanced profitability.
- A proven track record of success in relationship-based “solutions selling,” and ability to build revenue growth and financial performance.
- Proactive participation in strategic account planning processes that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for 1-3-year planning periods.
- Leadership and effective presentation of customized solution proposals that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel to win.
Flexible, with expectations that this Manager will reside in a metropolitan area with easy access to a major national airport. Preferred location would be within the Central US (Between Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN).